Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cuddles

Last night I was reminded of the beauty of cuddling with someone you love.

I was babysitting Miss M who woke up from her nap just after I arrived. When I went in to get her, she was crying and looking around the room like she was lost. I picked her up and her body curled into mine. For the next 45 minutes all she wanted to do was cuddle. She needed to be curled up against me, preferably with her head in my neck, not even her beloved Dora was enough to get her to leave her position wrapped up in my arms.

As someone who doesn't have a lot of cuddling in her life, that 45 minutes was incredibly sweet. I love that little girl and I love that she trust me enough to be the one she curls up with.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to admit this...my children aren't really cuddlers. I'm afraid this is a trait they get from me. I do love to cuddle with the little people, though. So, here's the part that's hard to admit...I have to say that I kind of like it when they're sick, because then they want to be held and snuggle with me. Sad, I know.

    ReplyDelete