Sunday, May 3, 2009

Preparation

This week I have been testing 1st and 2nd graders for Pacific Research Associates and Nevada Department of Ed. It's a fun little job that pays a wage, mileage and lunch, if I have to go out of town. It's made me think of my education, the experiences I have been afforded, and the associations I have been blessed with. I have this little job, which provides a little extra income, because I prepared...starting way back when I went to college. I think the saying goes something like: Luck is when Opportunity meets Preparation. Or maybe it's something else...you girls will let me know?! Anyhow, I am a lucky girl...because I have prepared, and because I have been blessed with opportunities. For this, I am very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I love that saying as well. It's something I've tried to share with my students. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete