Monday, June 29, 2009

Family

I'm a little late with this post but I took a computer holiday on Sunday and it slipped my mind.

This week I was reminded how good it feels to do something for someone other than yourself. For Father's Day this year I offered to take care of things at home so my dad could take my mom to our cabin for a weekend away, something they hadn't managed to do yet this year.

This weekend I stayed in Aurora and made sure my grandpa had his medicines and meals and took care of the dogs. It wasn't hard work (especially since my version of meals relied heavily on a microwave) but it felt so good to know that I was allowing my parents a short break and at the same time spending time with and helping out my grandpa.

I'm so grateful for having a family that is willing to step forward and help each other out. My parents have set an incredible example of the joys of living a life of service, I just hope I can equal them someday.

2 comments:

  1. What would we do without family? I, too, am so grateful for all that my family does for me. I hope I am leaving the same legacy for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your parents really appreciated the night off. I'm actually going to see your mom tonight! You'll have to let me know when you're coming down this way. Take care!

    ReplyDelete