Monday, June 29, 2009

Miracles

I have been attending the Gospel Principles class with Jeremiah, as he is the assistant ward mission leader. Yesterday the lesson was on the gifts of the Spirit. I was very touched as we talked about the gift of working miracles, and I am so grateful for the knowledge that our God IS a God of miracles. I have witnessed many and hope to witness a few more.

We are experiencing a miracle right now in our family. My dad has met a wonderful woman from Ohio and has been dating her since May. Her name is Patti. My little family and I will meet her this week, as she is coming to Nevada for a visit. I am very excited. I suppose some might say, "Wow, that was fast!" And, I suppose that, for those on the outside, looking in, without knowledge of all of the circumstances, it might be fast. There have been many precious and sacred experiences accompany this relationship. And somehow, miraculously, I am learning to reconcile my loyalty to my mom, my support for my dad, and the acceptance and love of a new friend. I simply stand in awe of a loving Heavenly Father who knows our needs and works daily miracles to see that they are met in most amazing ways. I will keep you posted...I expect only the best from our meeting this week!

Another miracle I am expecting this week is for my friend, Sheri. She is battling cancer. With the guidance of some of our mutual friends, many, many of Sheri's friends, family and others from various religions and beliefs, joined in fasting and praying for her yesterday. She had surgery this morning. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of her, too, and that He will work for her good, also.

What a blessing are miracles!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I'll add mine to the prayers for your friend. I'm so happy for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude about your dad, Heid. I love how things sometimes just fall right into place. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete