Monday, June 1, 2009

School Options

I think I missed last week...? My only excuse is that the children have been finishing up their respective school years and, apparently, that is enough to throw me for a loop! Anyhow...that brings me to today's topic...the gratitude I feel for having options for my children's education...even in preschool and 2nd grade!

We have been trying for some time to figure out where Jeron should go to school next year. This year left much to be desired in the motivation department. I heard "hate" in the same sentence with "school" way too often. So, I have been exploring options. Gratefully, there are a few here in Reno. To make a long story short, Jeron will be attending Coral Academy of Science Charter School in August. It is a school that was started by engineering professors at UNR because the freshmen entering their programs weren't prepared to be there. The focus is math and science and they are a high achieving school. Jeron's only question for the 2nd grade teacher when we went to open house was, "Do you have science class at this school?" He is excited, and so are the rest of us!

I am also grateful for generous family members who are contributing in order to make his attendance possible. There are book fees, tuition, uniforms, and gas to pay for...so thanks to Auntie Heather and Uncle Timmy for helping us out! I believe wholeheartedly that it will all be worth it! Here's to having options and the means to choose the not free ones!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm so glad you found a place he is excited to go to - that makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete