Sunday, April 12, 2009

Good Friday (Thursday and Saturday)

Happy Easter!

I've had a busy and productive last few days which makes me very happy.

It started Thursday when I got to help my new sister-in-law (to be) shop for wedding dresses. It was great to spend the time with her and to share in her joy.

Friday, I decided since Good Friday is a no-work holiday in most of the countries where we have people working it would be a no work holiday here in the states as well. So I got up early and spent the day doing some work around the house I've been trying to get to for months. I got my bedroom closet and drawers cleaned out and even better, I FINALLY got my office cleaned out and organized. Come Monday, I'm finally able to start working out there. I'm hoping this will give me a separation between my home and work (not to mention keeping me out of the kitchen most of the day!)



Best of all was Saturday. My parents brought my grandpa up and we spent the day at my sisters. We BBQed, watched Miss M find her Easter Eggs and put together a playset for her in the backyard. It was fun to spend Easter with my family (a rare event for me.) But most of all it was amazing to see my grandpa light up when Maggie was around. I haven't seen him that full of joy in a long time.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for productive and fun weekends! I LOVE that your grandpa is drinking a Pepsi...my Grandpa used to drink Pepsi. He kept them in the trunk of his car out in the garage...because my grandma wouldn't allow caffeine in the house. When we'd go to visit, he'd say to my dad, "Hey, Bruce, I have something in the garage to show you." And they'd go out in the garage and share a warm Pepsi! I'm glad you let your grandpa drink in the house ;)

    ReplyDelete