Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July ... what happened to summer!

Dear friends,
I am trying to be faithful to our blog but feel at times I can't get into the hang of it. Since moving to Cedar I haven't had Internet service at home and I think this has not helped promote the casual Internet surfing. I'm sure it's a matter of time before I think I can't live without it and finally set up a home network again.
So today I thought I'd write a bit on getting over those embarrassing moments that occasionally creep into our lives. My last embarrassing moment happened a few weeks ago. I was on my way up to Park City for a conference and while munching on crackers and cheese, my temporary crown fell off. Now ladies, I'm sure we have all had some dental mishaps by this time in our lives but this temporary crown happened to be on my front tooth! At this point I was in Scipio and debating whether to just forgo the conference and turn around or keep going and figure out a solution on the way. After of a few minutes of feeling completely mortified I called my sister Kris and told her I was heading her way. The first thing she said to me when I arrived was this, 'You were right, you shouldn't go out in public until you get this fixed.' As for the nephews and niece they just stared and I'm sure Kris threatened them to be nice to Aunt Keri since she already feels bad about the gap in her mouth already. Needless to say, the next day I found a local dentist to cement the crown back on and joined the conference a day late but without a toothless grin.
So my lesson from this experience was how lucky I am. That this unfortunate situation I found myself in was but a moment and we all need to laugh at ourselves once in awhile. At at least no one was actually going to document this mishap for later.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Ker!

    Thanks for the reminder about not letting the little things get to us.

    ReplyDelete