Monday, July 20, 2009

Swap

My dad had knee surgery on Thursday, so my mom and I have done a house swap for the past several days. She's staying at my house so she is closer to the hospital, while I'm staying at her house to keep things going here.

After 4 days of taking on just some of her responsibilities I'm exhausted. I appreciate her more than ever. At the same time, it has been rewarding to spend some time helping out my grandpa and my parents. With all that they do for me, its nice to have a chance to give back to them once in a while.

I'm also happy to report that I've kept the dogs, cat and fish fed, I haven't killed the plants, and I've come up with something to cook for grandpa every time.

It's a lot of work running a house and taking care of more than just myself - I'm in awe of all of those who do it each day.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Jamie! I forget sometimes all the work it takes for a family keep up the daily routine. What a great way to serve your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete