Sunday, July 12, 2009

Relaxed

Ever since I got home this trip I feel like I've been running trying to keep up with events or commitments I've made. Yesterday was one of the bigger ones - throwing a bridal shower for my brother fiancee to introduce her to our side of the family. For some reason I worked myself into a state of extreme stress over the entire thing. I wanted her to feel welcomed and I wanted to throw a good party.

Thanks to my sister and my mom I got my house cleaned up in a clutter free way it hasn't seen in a while (of course I didn't let anyone see the office or basement where I stashed all the clutter.) And we came up with a lovely menu. We had a good turnout and the conversation kept flowing in a way that I was able to dispense with the hated shower games.

Once the shower was over I headed down the hill to do a bit of babysitting. I'm not quite up to my sister's standard when it comes to managing both kids at once, but I sure do love them. And sitting there holding them in my arms really does remind me what this life is all about.

Today I had the luxury of sleeping in before church and then was able to come home and curl up with a good book for several hours - I don't remember feeling this relaxed in weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling of relaxed after completing a big "job" or commitment. Good for you! I want to see pictures of the party and know what was on the menu!

    ReplyDelete