Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Miracles

My dad is officially engaged...see Nevada Brown for the post and pics.

My friend, Sheri's, bilirubin is down to a 7.0...lower than it's been since her diagnosis. She will start treatment this week. You can look here for updates on her http://thefaughts.blogspot.com

My friend, Jennifer, and her family have been fasting and praying to keep the little girl they are adopting. Birth father showed up and wanted custody. His heart was softened and they are now going to be able to adopt her and have her sealed to them. He will have some visitation, but she will be theirs.

My nephew, Monte, was able to go to an amazing camp for kids with special needs. That whole story is full of miracles. He has been really sick the last little while, so the fact that he was well enough to go and have such a fabulous experience is truly miraculous. Go to http://sparklegemscreative.blogspot.com for the whole story.

"And now, O all ye that have imagined up unto yourselves a god who can do no miracles, I would ask of you, have all these things passed, of which I have spoken? Has the end come yet? Behold I say unto you, Nay; and God has not ceased to be a God of miracles." Mormon 9:15

I am reading Everyday Miracles by Jay A. Parry, a little book I found on my mom's bookshelf yesterday. Great, inspiring read. I highly recommend it.

Until next week...may you all recognize the miracles, both big and small, in your lives!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I can't believe that your dad is engaged. I saw the pics on your blog, and she looks like such a nice lady. Your dad deserves this happiness. Again, I admire how mature you are about the situation. You have chosen to think of your dad and his happiness. Some people are not that selfless. I'm excited for your dad and your family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a post - clear full of great, hopeful news!!

    ReplyDelete